Monday, March 26, 2012

Everyday Beauty

Thank you to everyone who stopped by here at bleu hydrangea after my first post!  It's exciting to see some Followers on that sidebar, too.  :-)

Right after Christmas, before I purchased my new camera, I took some shots around my house to capture the beauty I see from day to day.

An aqua Ball jar that came with our house.
 
One of a set of beautiful cobalt blue glasses
from my husband's grandmother's collection.

Ceiling medallion in our dining room,
set against a pale plum ceiling.
(paint color is Phlox from the Martha Stewart line)

I love this hat box, bought at Target on clearance 13 years ago.  I remember  buying it when my 13YO was tiny.  It sat on a shelf in the nursery for a long time, but now it houses flowers for crafting.

Our house, built in the 1920s, features these
glass doorknobs on all interior doors.

We upgraded to a queen size mattress only last year (we had a full-size before that).  I love the romantic, vintage
style comforter from Bed Bath & Beyond.
It reminds me of Anna Griffin stamps and papers.
Thanks for joining me!

 

3 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

These photos are gorgeous, Colleen! I especially love that Ball canning jar, the cobalt blue glass (is that not the most perfect shade of blue?), and the glass door knobs--those remind me of the ones throughout my grampa's house when I was growing up!! Beautiful, all. :)

Unknown said...

I just love your Ball jar. I collect them myself. I just love trying to get photos of them also.. Such wonderful photos my friend..

Leslie Miller said...

Lovely photos! You have a beautiful home. I'm enjoying your new blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...