Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter and Tablescapes

Hello!  I have some pictures to share with you today, some taken on Easter, some just after, as I was putting away the silverware.  It was a bright sunny day, and I had fun arranging things on my dining room table to photograph.  Enjoy...

Fruits of labor:  the Easter morning egg hunt.

Cristabel watches as the eggs are opened.

Loot from the eggs gets divided into bowls.
Can you see the heart-shaped moth on the screen?

Delicate paper carrots...or turnips.  I've used a picture frame as a tray.
Bought these at Tuesday Morning for a couple of dollars each.
I'm sure someone's wondering why I took so many pictures of flatware.
These belonged to my grandmother, and I don't take them out often enough.


I love the way silver twinkles.  I even love it when it is tarnished.
When my in-laws moved South, they let me look at their tag sale items first.  
I chose this cream and sugar set.

A close-up of a silk flower arrangement.

This German-made teapot belonged to my father's mother.
I love the delicateness of it.


Peace and blessings to you,

 

7 comments:

Stella said...

I think we have a lot in common; I have a pplace in my heart for silverware and tableware too:). Glad you do too:)

Its fun to be here and getting a peek into your daily life. I just wish I lived nearby...
Hugs!
Stella
XXX

Anonymous said...

I have my mom's and have never taken them out of the case. I don't have any occasions to use them. Love the sugar and creamer. That teapot is really delicate too. I have my mom's mom milk pitcher and a few fun pieces too. It is sort of small and with 6 kids - I think she must have had to refill it numerous times at the table! I have a little lacey doily draped over it my grandmother made too. I really like the picture frame as a tray! Good job. Those carrot/turnip things are really fun!

Chris R. from Iowa

Julia S-W said...

Some gorgeous images here Colleen! I love your cutlery - the patterned handles are wonderful! My favourites have to be the china though with those gorgeous floral patterns. The rose and hydrangeas could almost be real couldn't they? Thanks for putting these on for us all to enjoy!
Juliaxx

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing you beautiful photos with us. Your grandmothers flatware is so pretty. And I just love your Rose shot..

Hugs, Linda

farmhouse-story said...

LOVE the china and silverware, colleen! the frame as a tray--too cute:)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Great pictures those carrots are so cute and how wonderful to have your grandparents silverware!

Carol

Benzi said...

You sure have a good time in Tuesday Morning. My Tuesday morning moved to a new location....right beside T.J. Maxx!!! How convenient for me. :-)
I love those carrots and you're fortunate to have gotten these beautiful items from your in-laws.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...